- A) Certain anti-aging creams and cosmetics.
- B) Hemorrhoid creams.
- C) All products containing blue or red dyes.
- D) All products containing a sun block.
The correct answer is: A)
Most products you use on your skin are safe however there are some known to cause birth defects and should be used with caution:
- – Retinoids used for wrinkles and preventing acne
- – Salicylic Acid also used to treat acne
- – BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) a form of salicylic acid used in some exfoliants to treat wrinkles
- – Self-tanners not yet proven safe during pregnancy
- – Hair removal products
- – Soy-based products
Although most makeup and skin products are safe it is important to understand the ingredients of what you are lathering on your skin.
Contact us today to learn more about our ultrascan services.
All of the content and articles on our blog and website are intended for informational purposes only. Please do not consider any of the information provided here as a substitute for medical advice. At all times seek medical advice directly with your own doctor and medical team.